1. When I was small, (believe it or not I had a really big mouth) I used to say things in the loudest tone, I remember on my gran’s wedding day (she was young, and was marrying her 2nd husband) … I looked at her inquisitively as she slipped on her wedding shoes and said “Granny I didn’t know Old people got married?!”
2. I love ice cream, especially mint chocolate chip and coffee and I could eat it every day.
3. When I was small my hair stuck out like I had been electrocuted and I received the nickname ‘sunshine’, it matched my big mouth [see 1.] .. Unfortunately my niece at 4 seems to be a reincarnation of the sunshine I thought was lost!
4. I go silent when I am stressed, aggravated or upset, my face says it all and my partner will tell you the silence is the bane of his life (I’m working on this).
5. I just adore Christmastime and all the festivities, I love Christmas songs, I love Christmas food, I love all the love and caring and sharing and everything about it and I love most of all whose birthday it is.
6. I always answer the question “How are you?” in utmost positivity, with big words, because it makes you feel fantastic even if you don’t feel it.
7. I once ate a raw egg, in hope to add some extra protein to my diet, as I have the unique obsession, that puts me in the rank of ‘weird woman’ of wanting to gain weight.
8. When I was a teenager, with legs that wanted to dance all night long and feet that embraced any stiletto I put on, on one occasion of creeping out my house at night, I got caught by my ever so wonderful step – dad (a whole nother story that would take a book and not a sentence). What happened was it was 4am and he had locked the side gate so I couldn’t enter back into the house and so I was left to stew and bubble up ideas with how I would get back in. I decided to feign sleep walking to my mum once I had rung the doorbell – que my A* in Drama. This plan was working marvelously, and my Big foot of a step dad was keeping his mouth quiet until we got to the last of it all and I was entering my room with my mum behind me – he smiles “Pull away the duvet”… She did – Pillows have never been more of an enemy to me.
9. I haven’t got an OCD or anything, but the kitchen must be cleaned and bin emptied before I cook, the bathroom mat cannot be wet by someone else before I shower and teeth brushed before I talk or my partner talks to me in the morning (It’s just kind isn’t it)
10. As a child I was a follower of people… Thank God I grew up.
11. I have an incredible sister, and I’m her biggest fan. The strange thing is we shared the same due date – and I believe we were supposed to be twins, but the way it turned out is much better, we’ll never have that identity argument twins of the same sex have.
12. I look at women much more than I look at men – In fact I rarely look at men (I don’t need to. Yes, I believe my partner is that handsome) so I admire other women instead. It’s a joy to tell another woman, ‘you are extremely beautiful’.
13. When I was 14 I got my belly button pierced, I thought I would hide it from my mum forever until I fell ill – got a rash – she thought it was meningitis – insisted to do the glass check – bam – busted.
14. I love making lists. At times, I’ll even add something I’ve already done just so I can cross it off.
15. At 18 on an event out with my best friend and my sister, we were on our way to a beautiful hotel in King’s Cross (we had family homes but we liked to swan around like princesses for no reason in hotels, with champagne that cost our monthly wages and outfits that made us look like the 21st century ‘Supremes’) .. anyway on this particular journey, just coming off the motorway, there was a man walking along the side of the road. It had poured down with rain and so there were huge puddles at the sides of the roads where the road met the pavement. He was strolling along his journey when this bus comes along and fully pelts him from head to toe in this pool of rain from the power of it’s weight in the puddle. This poor man looked like he had been thrown in a lake, and we – being the snobs that we were couldn’t help ourselves but to let out wails laughing in the safety of our car. Anyway we parked up and were quite a walk away from the hotel … The clouds opened that minute, torrential floods came gushing down and our fur coats, our beautifully straightened hair and everything else felt and heard the rain saying to us “AAAAHHHH I’m just sharing my taste, a million times over.” What goes around surely does come around. The hotel staff looked at us like ‘are you sure you’re staying here?’
16. When I was in school I was advised to trim my eyelashes to make them grow longer – don’t be the fool I was.
17. I’d be happy to make you happy and make you smile, give me half an hour to.
18. I’m a spontaneous traveller, I’ve learnt not to be one for planning anything when we travel – going with the flow opens up a whole new dimension of exploring.
19. I am one of those people that like to drink a glass of milk. Are you one of those people that hearing that grosses you out?!!
20. I can’t bare sadness or people feeling lack, defeat or hopeless, so I tend to offer much advice – please don’t take this as I’m not good at listening… as I am one that takes advice, does it and thrives on it, I know it’s value – so I like to give it instead of letting a person feel despair.
21. I’m a romantic… not a fan of any essence of cheese, but give me some good ol romanticism & you’ll never see me happier
22. I have two extremes of eating phases I either eat a copious amount or I eat like a mouse.
23. I’ve nearly been driving for a decade – wow, where has that gone!
24. I’m not afraid of ‘self-help’ anything – there are those who take the mick out of everything self-help, thinking it is akin to admitting there’s something mentally wrong with you. In my opinion there’s something wrong with you if you don’t want to be the best person you can be continuously!
25. I have faith that can move mountains.
Love LA x
Tagged in this post; Kirstin of Glitter ‘N’ Glue, Monica of kukkuk.me , Cristian of Cristian Mihai, Sophia of Trends & Tribulations, Monica from Impressions of a Princess, Eryn from Life on Mars… Looking forwards to reading your 25 Things about you